Dear Authors, beneath you can find the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the paper submission.
- What form will have the ESREL 2014 proceedings?
- How can I submit a new article to the ESREL 2014 conference?
- What Conference Track and Application Area should I choose?
- What are the requirements for submitted abstract?
- What are the requirements for full length paper and extended abstracts?
- What are the subsequent steps of the article review process / What stages does the article review process consist of?
- What are the deadlines of the subsequent steps of the paper review and acceptance process?
- How can I find out what is the status of my article at the moment?
- What is the maximum allowed number of authors per article?
- What is the maximum allowed number of articles per one author (per single conference fee)?
- What to do if my abstract requires revision?
- What files do I need to upload and when / How to upload full paper?
The conference proceedings will be published by CRC Balkema and it will have the double form:
- full-length papers will be published on the electronic drive (CD-ROM) with ISBN number, indexed in Scopus and Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Web of Science),
- the paper book containing one-paged extended abstracts.
Papers selected by the Technical Committee will be published in Reliability Engineering and System Safety or Journal of Risk and Reliability.
The first step of a paper submission to the ESREL 2014 conference is a submission of an abstract using the online paper submission tool not later than January 26, 2014.
You’ll need to create your personal account in the system. The account will contain all necessary data about the user and track the status of all submitted papers.
During the abstract submission process you are obliged to choose one Conference Track and Application Area which are the most suitable to the content of your work.
The Conference Track is a methodological area of your paper whereas the Application Area defines the branch, where your findings may be applied.
If none of the proposed Tracks or Areas adheres to the content of your paper, please select M19. Other Reliability and Safety Methodologies and/or T21. Other Reliability and Safety Areas.
On the other hand if your paper brings up more than one of proposed Tracks and/or Areas, please select the most suitable one.
Remember, during the review process a reviewer may make his own suggestion for changing a methodology and/or application area of your paper.
The abstract for ESREL 2014 has to be submitted not later than January 26, 2014.
You should use the online paper submission tool, which is the only method to submit Your paper proposal.
The abstract cannot exceed 250 words and should be divided into small chapters/parts:
- background (why the study was initiated?, what is the aim of the present paper?),
- relevance for the conference,
- methods and findings.
The main requirements for full length paper and extended abstracts are as follows:
- the deadline for peer review submission of full papers and extended abstracts is March 31, 2014,
- the deadline for final submission of full papers and extended abstracts is
June 1, 2014 June 9, 2014,
- the maximum number of pages per full paper (CD-ROM) is 12 pages for keynote speakers (including references),
- the maximum number of pages per extended abstract (Book) is 1 page for keynote speakers (including references),
- the maximum number of pages per full paper (CD-ROM) is 8 pages for regular contributions (including references),
- the maximum number of pages per extended abstract (Book) is 1 page for regular contributions (including references).
All final version of papers should be delivered in an electronic form (MsWord or LaTeX) as well as identical Acrobat PDF file.
Full instructions for Authors on how to prepare final versions of their publications may be downloaded here (ZIP).
There are a few stages of the article review and acceptance process:
- abstract submission,
- abstract review,
- submission of full-length paper and extended abstracts,
- paper and extended abstract review (2 reviewers),
- author’s revision,
- re-review of the article and/or extended abstract (if required),
- final decision.
The full scheme of the review process with deadlines of the stages is depicted in review process scheme (PDF).
The stages of the paper review and acceptance process as well as the deadlines of each step are presented in the review process scheme (PDF). You can also check our Important dates page where all deadlines are presented on the calendar.
The current status of your paper may be checked in the online paper submission tool. After logging in you see the number of active submissions. The current status of every submission is visible when you enter to the active ones.
Moreover, our system will notify you per e-mail about every important decision of the Track Director pertaining to your submission, i.e.:
- abstract submission,
- abstract acceptance/rejection,
- full paper submission,
- paper acceptance/rejection.
There is no restriction on the maximum number of authors per an article.
Every author may submit maximum 2 papers for a single conference fee.
If you have any other questions that are not answered yet, do not hesitate to contact us.
Based on the opinion of our experts, Your abstract may require some revisions. Take the following steps to update the abstract:
- log in to our submission system,
- choose the abstract by clicking on it’s title,
- use Edit the abstract’s details option in the section Submission Metadata to update your abstract (the content will be overwritten),
- please notify the Conference Secretariat with a short mail that changes are done (don’t forget to include the submission number) so that we can inform the reviewer as soon as possible.
Please note, that the status of the abstract will remain unchanged until the moment of reviewer’s new decision.
There are two stages during the full paper submission.
In the first stage (the peer review process), please upload only one file with Your extended abstract and full paper in one document (use the ESREL 2014 One File Template).
In the second stage, when Your paper is accepted, please upload package ready for the publishing process. Final submission requires that You upload all final version of the files as one package in *.zip format. Please prepare the extended abstract and full paper versions in *.pdf format compiled from *.doc files (download instructions here).
The *.zip package must include:
- extended abstract (Book) – both in *.pdf and *.doc / *.docx format,
- full paper (CD-ROM) – both in *.pdf and *.doc / *.docx format,
- printed, signed and scanned Consent Form – *.jpg / *.gif / *.png format.